Wednesday, October 20, 2010
If you like "Pig in the blankets", you'll love these crescent butterflies!
Olivia had a butterfly themed birthday party and this was one of the finger foods I prepared. The recipe is from Taste of Home and I simplified it a little. The URL for the original recipe is http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Crescent-Butterflies.
* 2 tubes of refrigerated crescent rolls
* 1 small pkg. of Little Smokies sausages
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
* Unroll crescent dough on a lightly floured surface; roll into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Seal seams. Cut with a butterfly cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Press a Little Smokies sausage in the middle of each butterfly.
* Brush wings with butter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.