Monday, September 27, 2010
by: Cristina Beck
Cristina was my supervising teacher when I did my student teaching in Toccoa, Georgia. She gave me this delicious recipe.
1 box graham crackers
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. butter
1 c. chopped pecans
Line a cookie sheet with foil. Arrange graham crackers close together to cover the cookie sheet. Combine butter and brown sugar in small saucepan; cook until mixture comes to a boil. Add pecans; spread mixture over graham crackers. Bake in 350 degree oven 10 minutes or until bubbly; cool 10 minutes. Cut each graham cracker in half and remove to a cooling rack. Serve cold.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Seven Layer Bars
recipe from my friend Clayne
* 3/4 c. melted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
* 2 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
* 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
* 1 c. butterscotch chips
* 1 c. chopped walnuts
* 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
* 1 1/2 c. shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Mix melted butter and graham cracker crumbs and put in a 11x17" baking pan. Press flat.
3. Layer chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, nuts, and coconut over crumbs. Pour condensed milk last.
4. Bake until edges are golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool.
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Taco-Stuffed Pasta Shells
Can't decide if you want to cook Mexican or Italian food tonight?? Try this delicious blend of both!!
* 16 jumbo pasta shells
* 1 pound ground beef
* 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
* 1 cup water
* 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
* 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, divided
* 1/4 cup sliced green onion (optional)
* 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Stir in the shell pasta, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, until just slightly firm to the bite, about 13 minutes. Drain well.
2. Brown the ground beef in a large skillet; drain fat. Stir in the taco seasoning and water; cook over low heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir the refried beans and 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese into the taco meat. Spoon meat mixture into prepared pasta shells.
3. Spoon 1/4 cup salsa over the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange filled shells over salsa. Spoon remaining salsa over shells.
4. Bake at 350 F for 40 minutes. Remove from oven. If desired, sprinkle with sliced green onion, additional shredded Cheddar cheese, and sour cream.
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
12 c. coffee
1 c. sugar
1 container Nesquick liquid chocolate milk(1/2 gal.)
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 container Breyers coffee ice cream
1 small container whip cream
Brew 12 cups of coffee the night before. While the coffee is still hot, mix it with 1 c. sugar. Put this in the refrigerator overnight.
Add 1 container of Nesquick liquid, 1 tbsp. vanilla, 1 container of Breyers coffee ice cream, and 1 small whip cream all to the coffee.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
mixing it all up!
my mother, Teresa, chopping the green onions
by: Teresa Dozier
2 cans Mexicorn (drained)
1 c. sour cream
1 c. mayo
4-5 green onions
2 c. shredded cheese
1 small can chili peppers
Mix and bake at 350 F for 30-45 minutes.
Serve with tortilla chips
DELICIOUS!!! My mother recently got this recipe from a friend. She made this for the adults to snack on at Sawyer's birthday party and it was a hit! I think everyone liked it!