|Olivia loves hotdogs so this was a perfect recipe for her:)|
Hot Dogs (We used Hebrew National).
Puff Pastry Large Squares
Sliced Black Olives
Pre-heat oven to 425
1. Boil your hot dogs, or cook them in a skillet, until fully cooked. Let cool.
2. Wrap each individual hot dog in 1 square of puff pastry. Make sure to leave some hot dog sticking out from both ends.
3. Cut 2 small slits in the center of the pastry – about 2 inches apart
4. Make an egg wash and brush onto tops of the puff pastry. Place wrapped hot dogs onto baking tray and cook for about 20 minutes until pastry has turned a golden brown.
5. While pastry is cooking. Take your baby gerkins and carve out little faces using the tip of a paring knife.
6. When dogs are ready – assemble with gerkins as the people, the chip as the steering wheel and the olives as the tires.
I found this idea here: http://kosherstreet.com/2011/07/playing-with-our-food-fun-kid-hot-dog-recipes/