Saturday, June 5, 2010
I suggest frying your bacon the night before to cut down on the preparation time.
the bottom layer
the raw quiche
the quiche when finished
*I doubled the recipe since we were having company for breakfast. That's why the quiche looks so huge:)
* 8 slices bacon
* 4 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 4 eggs, beaten
* 1/4 cup finely chopped onion (optional)
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 cups milk
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
3. Line bottom of pie plate with cheese and crumbled bacon. Combine eggs, butter, onion, salt, flour and milk; whisk together until smooth; pour into pie pan.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, until set. Serve hot or cold.
*This recipe was found on allrecipes.com.