Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Shopska Salad


I'm so excited to start my own recipe blog! My plan is to add family recipes, friend recipes, and favorites I have found myself. Since we recently returned from Macedonia, I thought it appropriate to start with a Macedonian recipe. So here we go with recipe #1...Shopska Salad. We ate this all the time while living in Macedonia!

Shopska Salad

(The most popular salad of the Balkan countries in Southeastern Europe)

4 cucumbers
4 tomatoes
Onion (optional)
Feta cheese
Calamari Olives
salt
Olive oil

Wash and dice up the cucumbers and tomatoes and place in a salad bowl. Peeling the cucumbers and tomatoes is optional. Sprinkle with salt. Add chopped up onion, amount as desired. Add cut up feta cheese and olives, also amount as desired. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment