Olivia is studying letter "B" and I couldn't think of a better letter "B" recipe than my Nana's Banana Pudding! Nana graciously gave Olivia and I a cooking lesson to learn how to make her pudding.
2 c. milk
1 box of Vanilla Wafers
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 c. sugar
dash of salt
1. First, set your eggs out for one hour to come to room temperature.
2. After an hour has passed, put 2 cups of milk into a sauce pan on medium heat. Keep stirred with a whisk.
3. Put a layer of wafers on the bottom of a glass baking dish. Next cut up all of the bananas. Using about half of the banana pieces, line a row of bananas on top of the wafers.
4. Separate the eggs. With the egg yolk, add 3/4 cup of sugar, 2 heaping tablespoons of flour, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Gradually add about half of the milk to this mixture and stir. Then pour it all back into the boiler and stir. Pour half of this pudding mixture onto the wafers and bananas in the dish.
5. Next add another layer of wafers and bananas, followed by the remainder of the pudding.
6. Beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until they are stiff. Add a dash of salt. When the eggs get frothy add 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Spread this on top for the meringue.
7. Bake at 350 degrees until the meringue is slightly brown on top. Enjoy!