Saturday, May 14, 2011
quick and easy to mix up!
can be served as a dessert with ice cream on top!
My MaMa Thomason use to make this.
This is one of my favorites! The pineapple and cheese combination tastes terrific!
* 1 cup sugar
* 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 2 cups grated sharp cheddar
* 2 (20-ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained, and 6 tablespoons pineapple juice reserved
* 1 cup cracker crumbs (recommended: Ritz)
* 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted, plus extra for greasing pan
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a medium-size casserole dish with butter.
In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour. Gradually stir in the cheese. Add the drained pineapple chunks, and stir until ingredients are well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
In another medium bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, melted butter, and reserved pineapple juice, stirring with a rubber spatula until evenly blended. Spread crumb mixture on top of pineapple mixture. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.