Tuesday, February 8, 2011
by: Ronna Corsini & Katie Corsini Reid
This delicious recipe is from our pastor's wife, Katie. She watched her mom make it this way growing up. Katie said, "You can choose to leave out the olives. Sometimes I use Ricotta instead of Cottage Cheese and you can use any combination of ground beef and/or Italian sausage. I also add more or less tomato sauce if it seems dry. Enjoy!"
I personally love this recipe! We had the whole Boyd Family over and there wasn't a bite left! I can't wait to make it again!
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 of a medium sized onion
1 box lasagna noodles
1 jar or can of pre-made spaghetti sauce
1 small can of sliced olives
garlic to taste (powder, minced, or fresh)
2 c. of cottage cheese
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1. Chop the onion and cook it while browning the ground beef.
2. Boil the noodles if you have the regular kind. I use the "oven ready" noodles that you don't have to boil.
3. Once the meat is cooked, drain off the fat and return it to the stove on low heat.
4. Add the spaghetti sauce, olives, garlic, and cottage cheese. Mix all of this together while cooking on low heat.
5. Layer the bottom of a 9x13 pan with 3 noodles. Top it with meat/sauce mixture and then sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top. Repeat these layers: noodles, meat/sauce mixture, cheese, until you've used up your ingredients.
6. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until bubbly. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy!